Author Posts

April 30, 2019 at 4:47 pm

HI SIR,

In my GSTR-9 has generated wrong sales value from my GSTR-1,what can i do now?

April 30, 2019 at 8:16 pm

Dear Mr.Venkastesh,

Please ensure whether the RCM turnover also included in the box duly generated in GSTR-9 for GSTR-1 i.e.Sales turnover…

Thanks & Regards,

Madurai Sikkandar

May 1, 2019 at 11:58 am

No sir, I have a exempted turnover only.

May 1, 2019 at 3:46 pm

Dear Mr Venkatesh,

In such circumstances( ie wrong sales figures auto populated in GSTR 9 )

You can make a  manual edit to the auto-populated details in GSTR-9

but except for the below- mentioned tables:

Table No. 6A: Total amount of input tax credit availed through GSTR-3B

Table No. 8A: ITC as per GSTR-2A

Table No. 9: Details of tax paid Except tax payable column

Thanking you

M Saravanan

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  M SARAVANAN.

May 2, 2019 at 11:55 am

1. While trying to file annual return, I see the data for GSTR 2A. But if I download GSTR 2A for a particular month, the amounts do not match to annual return breakup (ITC credit claimed vs due).

Did anyone else face this issue and how to get the break up.

2. Why do we need to reverse the input taken just because supplier has not filed his return (not reflected in GSTR2A). There will be huge losses due to this. Import duties paid also do not get reflected anywhere.

May 2, 2019 at 4:12 pm

HI SIR,

I HAVE UPLOADED FEW  B2B  SALES INVOICE INTO B2Cs SALES IN THE YEAR 17-18 IN GSTR1, IS THERE ANY OPTION WE COULD AMMEND IT NOW ( WE HAVE MISSED OUR LAST OPTION TO AMMEND IN GSTR 1 OF MAR 19). WHAT IS THE SOLUTION FOR THIS ???

May 2, 2019 at 5:23 pm

GSTR 9 Filing which parts are auto populated and which part of manual filing please explain and difference amount in GSTR 2A and 3B we can now adjusted in GSTR 9 if possible please confirm sir

May 2, 2019 at 8:41 pm

Sir,

1.First thing is Nothing will be adjusted in GSTR9.

2.Table number 4,5,6,8,9 is auto populated

3. You can edit Table no.4,5 and 9 if any changes between your Filed Figure and Auto populated figure.

4.Table number 6 and 8 is split over as per Form.

May 2, 2019 at 9:55 pm

Sripriya

1. Balance what you see in gstr 2A should reflect in table 8A of annual return, which is auto-populated. As there are system refresh issue, if you continue to see any diff, it better to raise a ticket in this regard. If summation of monthly balance as per gstr 2A doesn’t tally with total balance, then be doubly sure that you have considered both table 3 &5 of GSTR 2A for appropriate credit notes adjustments.
  2. Secondly, to your question as to why ITC denied for cases where supplier failed to file his return is as per law. We can’t share our thoughts anything more than that. We recognise that it’s common issue, let’s see govt response for the same. Imports area not part that reconciliation anyway in table 8 of GSTR 9.

CA Durai

May 2, 2019 at 10:04 pm

Dear Neelakandan

It appears that system still allows you edit FY 17-18 data during gstr 1 of April 2019. If you have multiple such edits, you cant carry out as there is some limitations in the system I believe. If so I would suggest you list down those invoices as a declaration that you erroneously showed them as B2C instead of B2B but duly paid the tax and couldn’t edit the same due to system limitations. This should help your customer respond to potentiometer SCN.

CA Durai

May 3, 2019 at 4:22 pm

GSTR 2A excess amount like bank charges GST amount and our client not submitting purchase bill,  the above excess claim how to adjust GSTR9 portal please explain in this regards

May 3, 2019 at 4:25 pm

one more question sir about GSTR9  the GSTR2A and GSTR3B shortfall amount how to pay in GSTR9 or any time limit for shortfall payment in GSTR9 portion

May 3, 2019 at 4:58 pm

Dear Shri.Sarkarai,

Relating to the query pl refer various discussions on very similar to such queries and I provided one such link

excess itc

The GST Law is very clear that ITC availment should be subject to S.16, S.17 etc of CGST Act,2017 read with GST Rules.

Matching of ITC availed as per GSTR 3B vis a vis GSTR 2B is inevitable. It is reiterated that Unmatched ITC availed, if any, and if there is no scope for any correction, the ITC to such an extent, is required to be reversed with interest (24% PA) as soon as possible while filing GSTR 3B.

Thanks and Regards
CA Deiveegan S

May 27, 2019 at 1:50 pm

Hi  sir,

I have excess sales in audited accounts comparing gstr 1 around 950 what can i do now?

May 27, 2019 at 3:32 pm

Dear Venkatesh,

The tax liability on additional turnover can be paid as part of DRC 3 and can be disclosed as part of Annual return.

Thanks,

CA Ramesh R

May 27, 2019 at 3:56 pm

s there any query rised bahalf of that? my additional sales 950 was exempted sir

May 27, 2019 at 5:01 pm

If the sales is exempted, then there will not be any tax liability.  The variance can be explained.

CA Ramesh R

June 14, 2019 at 1:33 pm

Hi sir,

In 2017-18 GSTR 3B we had added purchase return to sales in 3B. Meanwhile we hasn’t deduct purchase return from purchase in 3B  So,naturally in GSTR 9 shows excess itc claimed what can i do now sir?

June 14, 2019 at 4:38 pm

dear sir,

we file refund on exports without payment of tax.  i want to differentiate 3B, 2A,and our books of records. i tried to show in excel sheet. but it takes time,because 3B and 2A have big difference. so you have any excel tool for this.

June 14, 2019 at 7:16 pm

Dear Venkatesh

Debit note raised for purchases return need not to be shown in your GSTR 3B. Instead of reversal of ITC to that extent is good enough. I believe your supplier also issued a credit note for this transaction that would have reduced the credit shows up on GSTR 2A, which you compare with GSTR 3B, would seem excess only.

If any notice issued in this regard, you may explain this writing with evidences as the Tax is suffered anyway equivalent to ITC reversal.

CA Durai

June 14, 2019 at 7:19 pm

Dear Prakash

There are tools available in the market, don’t personally recommend anything, you may call for demo and take it forward

CA Durai

June 19, 2019 at 1:21 pm

Hi Sir,

In GSTR-9 Table 8a between ITC VIEW STATEMENT IN GSTR 2A .What can i do now sir?

June 20, 2019 at 8:07 am

Hello Mr.Venkatesh,

Kindly clarify whether by your question do you mean that there is a mismatch between Data in Table 8A and GSTR 2A

Thank you

Regards
Srividya
Team TNGSTP

June 21, 2019 at 10:53 am

Yes mam there is difference
  • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Team TNGSTP.

June 21, 2019 at 12:45 pm

Hello Mr.Venkatesh,

Generally GSTR 2A will also contain details of all returns which are submitted but not filed, but Table 8A will contain only the ITC for which return is filed by the supplier

And also, the difference may be due to the RCM credit which will be reflected in GSTR 2A but not in Table 8A, Kindly check the same

If not, you may even raise a ticket mentioning the mismatch.

Thank you

Regards
Srividya
Team TNGSTP

June 21, 2019 at 12:47 pm

Hello Mr.Venkatesh,

Generally GSTR 2A will also contain details of all returns which are submitted but not filed, but Table 8A will contain only the ITC for which return is filed by the supplier

And also, the difference may be due to the RCM credit which will be reflected in GSTR 2A but not in Table 8A, Kindly check the same

If not, you may even raise a ticket mentioning the mismatch.

You may also refer the below topics discussed in our forum for further clarity in relation to this topic:

GSTR 9 (DIFFERENCE 2A AND 3B RETURNS)

gstr 9 itc

Thank you

Regards
Srividya
Team TNGSTP