Author Posts

February 12, 2020 at 5:10 pm

ONE OF MY CLIENT TAKE GST REGISTRATION UNDER  voluntary basis ON FEB – 2019. DUE TO MARKET SITUATION NOT ABLE TO  DOING  BUSINESS.  NIL RETURN FILED UN TO DEC-2019. AND APPLICATION FILED FOR CANCELLATION OF R.C ON 31.12.2019.  NOW I TRACK ARN STATUS SHOWN TILL DATE AS PENDING FOR PROCESSING.   BUT RETURN DASH BOARD SHOWN IN JANUARY 2020 AND FEB 2019  MY DOUBT IS NIL RETURN TO BE FILED FOR JAN 2020  TO BE MUST. ( TILL APPROVAL OF CANCELLATION OF GST REGISTRATION)

Otherwise pls clarify cancellation is possible only after a period of one year ?

February 13, 2020 at 3:00 pm

Hello Mr.Rajagopal,

GST registration can be cancelled within one year if the turnover is less than Rs.20 lakhs during cancellation of registration and GST returns to be filed and tax, if any to be paid regularly (even if it is NIL return) till the date of cancellation of registration

Thank you

Regards
Srividya
Team TNGSTP

February 14, 2020 at 10:15 am

DEAR MADAM

I HAVE APPLIED FOR CANCELLATION OF REGISTRATION DEC-2019. TILL DATE NOT APPROVAL OF GST REGISTRATION CANCELLATION. BUT RETURN DASH BOARD OPEN FOR JAN -2020 RETURN MENU. NOW   I NEED TO FILE JAN 2020 MONTH OR NOT?

February 18, 2020 at 6:47 am

Dear Rajagopal

Hope your application for cancellation was submitted successfully and you have an ARN for that? if so, under sec 29, on the date of application entire law is suspended for you, no need to file the returns.