Author Posts

May 15, 2019 at 3:31 pm

Dear sir,

Coming GSTP Exam is only for CGST Rules 83 (1) (b) . My question is when will come exam for CGST Rules 83 (1) (A) and 83 (1) (C)?

May 15, 2019 at 6:35 pm

Dear Sir,

NACIN will conduct next Computer Based GSTP exam on 14 June 2019 for confirmation of enrollment on GST Network in the case of sales tax practitioners (STP) or tax return preparer (TRP) registered for a period of 5 years under the existing laws before GST Regime, registered under CGST Rule 83(1)(b).

In terms of Rule 83A(3) of CGST Rules, 2017, the examination shall be conducted twice in a year by NACIN. The next two examinations in year 2019, for GSTPs falling under STPEL/ TRPEL categories, shall be conducted on 14.06.2019 and 12.12.2019 (from 1100 hrs to 1330 hrs) at designated examination centers, all across India. Such candidates are hereby informed that the examination scheduled to be held on 12.12.2019 will be their last chance to appear and pass the said examination, failing which they shall not be given another opportunity/ chance.

For clarification on the issue whether this GSTP exam is to be passed by all Chartered Accountants (CAs), etc. qualified professionals, please read Rule 83 of CGST Rules 2017: Provisions relating to a Goods and Services Tax (GST) Practitioner. It’s amply clear that there a separate category of GSTPs those who have to pass the exam, which is indicated in Clause (b) of Sub Rule (1) of Rule 83. This category of GSTPs represent the Sales Tax Practitioners (STPs) or Tax Return Preparers (TRPs) in the existing/ erstwhile VAT, Service Tax, etc. laws. However those who fall in clause (a) or (c) of the said Sub Rule (1) of Rule 83 need not go for this GSTP Exam.

Thanking you

May 17, 2019 at 12:34 pm

Quite a detailed response Saravanan- great job!

Rule 83(3) no person in general enrolled as GSTPs can function until they pass the exams. However, so far it’s notified only for category as per rule 83(1)(b) as you rightly pointed out.

CA Durai

May 22, 2019 at 8:22 am

Hi Sir I am Entrolment GSTP 09.04.2019 83(1)C-Means
(c)he has passed,
(i) a graduate or postgraduate degree or its equivalent
examination having a degree in Commerce, Law, Banking including
Higher Auditing, or Business Administration or Business Management
from any Indian University established by any law for the time being in
force)
exam eppa Sir Please
reply Thank you…

May 22, 2019 at 10:44 am

Dear Srinivasan

Exams for other categories is to yet to be notified. The one which is scheduled in June is for those who have registered under rule 83(1)(b) only. Kindly wait for further directions in this regard.

May 22, 2019 at 12:09 pm

sir my gstp entrollment sec83(2) gstp exam how to apply sir help me but shwing display (nacin) not exced login account showing

May 22, 2019 at 12:27 pm

SIR/MADAM
<div>                We Have Informed my entrollment number-331800002385GPP</div>
<div>  I HAVE REGISTRIED GST PRACTITIONER EXAM BUT NOT ABLE TO LOGIN ID PLS REQUEST CONSIDER ABOVE THIS PROBLEM</div>

May 22, 2019 at 2:22 pm

Unless you have registered as category defined under rule 83(1)(b), June exam is not relevant for you.