Author Posts

September 21, 2019 at 6:02 pm

ONE OF MY CLIENTS HAVING TWO GST REGISTRATION UNDER HIS SAME PAN NUMBER. HE DECIDED TO CANCEL THE PREVIOUS GST REGISTRATION. BUT HE HAS Rs.1,76,000 AS ITC. NOW MY QUERY IS HOW TO TRANSFER THIS ITC TO ANOTHER GST NUMBER. IS IT POSSIBLE TO TRANSFER THROUGH SALES?. PLEASE GUIDE ME

September 26, 2019 at 4:11 pm

Hello Mr.Pandiyarajan,

On cancellation of GST registration, Input tax credit cannot be transferred to another GST number.

You can only pay the Input tax credit before the date of cancellation of registration or output tax, whichever is higher along with the final return submitted for cancellation

In your case, though the business is not actually closed and being continued, you can approach the concerned jurisdictional officer for clarity as the option is not available online.

Thank you

Also join our exclusive TNGSTP telegram channel for immediate updates on GST, click below to join:

https://t.me/TNGSTP_VARIYARIVU

For joining our channel in Mobile app, install the Telegram app and follow the below steps:

1) In your Mobile’s Telegram app, Search for”TNGSTP_VARIYARIVU” using search option in the right top
2) Our channel will be displayed, click the same and join in our channel

Regards
Srividya
Team TNGSTP